Foundation Brewing Company uses classic styles as the inspiration for brewing exciting beers that push conventional boundaries. Founded in 2012 and opening in 2014, Foundation is located at 1 Industrial Way in Portland, which has been a breeding ground of World Class Maine beers.
We are looking for a team-oriented, process-minded and solution-driven individual to join our team here at Foundation Brewing Company with the position of WAREHOUSE MANAGER. This opportunity is FULL TIME with benefits.
The Warehouse Manager will report to the Director of Brewery Operations, and will need to coordinate with the Production Team, Director of Sales, Business Manager, and Tasting Room Coordinator. Excellent communication skills will ensure success.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for managing organization, inventory, and shipping & receiving to and from 4,500SF warehouse facility, located 1 mile from brewery
- Transportation and logistics of all raw materials, product and supplies between the brewery and the warehouse
- Receive deliveries at the warehouse from raw material and packaging material vendors
- Weekly inventory counts and adjustments in our online system (Ekos Brewmaster) for raw materials and product
- Responsible for ordering raw materials, including grain, hops, fruit, kegs and packaging materials
- Prepping shipments of beer product that leave the warehouse to our distributors and the tasting room
- Preparing recipe grain pallets each week and deliver to the brewery when needed
- Organize beer product in cooler and warehouse to ensure FIFO inventory
- A dedication towards maintaining a clean, neat, and safe work area
- Maintain accurate and thorough log sheets and other written information
- Ability to safely operate, or train to operate, our forklifts at both facilities
- Ability to learn to operate the 26-foot box truck (CDL not required)
- Responsible for maintaining cleanliness of warehouse, including floors, trash/recycling, bathrooms and snow removal
- Embrace changes in procedure geared towards ongoing improvements to process and of working beer knowledge
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Two Year Technical Certificate or Four Year Degree a plus
- 2+ years production brewery experience preferred
- Minimum age requirement is 21 years
- A valid driver’s license
- Offloading and loading trucks is done in all weather, and may require periods of time outdoors in inclement weather
- Comfortable with data entry in Excel or other similar software package
- Candidate must be able to work in a standing position continuously
- Candidate must be able to bend, stoop, and reach frequently
- Candidate must be able to frequently lift 60 pounds and occasionally move up to 170 pounds
Competitive benefits package including:
- Health Insurance for employees and their dependents
- Simple IRA retirement plan with employer match | 1 year waiting period
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Disability, Life Insurance, and other benefits
Please send your resume, cover letter, and other relevant information and references as a PDF attachment and email them to email@example.com with the e-mail subject: APPLICATION – Warehouse Manager.
Please no phone calls or drop-ins.