Foundation Brewing Company uses classic styles as the inspiration for brewing exciting beers that push conventional boundaries. Founded in 2012 and opening in 2014, Foundation is located at 1 Industrial Way in Portland, which has been a breeding ground of World Class Maine beers.
We are looking for a team-oriented, process-minded and solution-driven individual to join our team here at Foundation Brewing Company with the position of PRODUCTION ASSISTANT. This opportunity is FULL TIME with benefits.
The Production Assistant is primarily responsible for assisting with the day-to-day operations of the brewery. These will largely relate to cellarwork, packaging, and any other cleaning and maintenance tasks that need to be done at our brewery and warehouse locations. This is a repetitive job well-suited for an individual who takes pride in minor details and understands their impact when considered as a collective whole in the brewery. The position provides an excellent benefits package and promises an invigorating, exciting, and ever-evolving work environment with the opportunity for advancement. Flexibility is important. This position reports directly to the Head Brewer.
Once trained, the ideal candidate will have working knowledge of cellarwork and packaging ops, including basic handling of shipping and receiving. This person should have a passion for producing high quality beers.
- Perform regular packaging runs and cellar duties. Potential advancement into brewhouse training will be dependent on demonstrated competency in those areas.
- Fluency in several processes around the brewery, including cellarwork, cleaning, packaging, sanitary sampling, yeast cell counts and record keeping, and cellar operations which include cell counting, finings, tank transfer, and sanitation procedures.
- Document process steps and receipt of raw material orders using Ekos brewing operations software and/or Slack communication tools.
- Familiarity with cleaning and sanitation practices within the brewery. Able to identify when something has been cleaned/sanitized properly, and when it has not.
- Assist in ongoing TLC to keep the workspace neat and tidy.
- Minimum age requirement is 21 years.
- Ability to actively listen, cooperatively solve problems and relate well to others.
- Exhibits a high degree of professionalism and commitment to follow through and results achievement.
- Attention to detail, accuracy and precision.
- Strong troubleshooting/problem solving/logic/process of elimination skills.
- Able to be trained to operate a fork lift.
- Able to be trained to drive our box truck (CDL NOT REQUIRED), valid driver’s license required.
- Passion and desire to continuously self-assess and improve.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Two Year Technical Certificate or Four Year Degree a plus.
- Must be able to perform simple grasping, fine manipulation, and repetitive hand and arm movements frequently.
- Must be able to bend, squat, crawl, kneel, push, pull, and walk on uneven surfaces on an occasional basis.
- Must be able to work in hot, cold, and wet environments.
- Must be able to climb stairs both inside and outside, and frequently lift 60 lbs. and occasionally up to 170 lbs.
- Must be able to use a ladder, i.e., work at heights of 10+’ above grade.
- Must be able to operate a fork truck, hand truck, and mechanized lifts.
- Must be able to stand continuously through the workday. Must be able to work occasional weekends and evenings which includes rotating weekend cellar shifts.
- Health Insurance for employees and their dependents | 30 day waiting period
- Simple IRA retirement plan with employer match | 1 year waiting period
- Two weeks accrued paid time off in the first year with annual increases per company policy.
- Paid holidays per company policy.
- And other benefits (paid FMLA time, disability insurance)
Please send your resume, cover letter, and other relevant information and references as a PDF attachment and email them to email@example.com with the e-mail subject: APPLICATION – Production Assistant
Please no phone calls or drop-ins.