Foundation Brewing Company focuses on delivering world-class, smart, well-composed and fun beers in a clean, bright, friendly and cheerful manner. We respect intelligence, humor, science, craftsmanship, and the drive to be excellent. We embrace openness, friendliness, inclusivity, humility, and personal fun.
Packaging Manager (full-time)
We are looking for a Packaging Manager to join our team who has a passion for craft beer and is committed to the process of high-quality production. We are a small company and everyone is expected to wear many hats. A positive attitude about the variety of tasks you will tackle in any given week is crucial. The Packaging Manager will report to our Director of Brewery Operations, will be supported by our Production Team, and will interface frequently with our Director of Sales & Marketing as well as our Warehouse Manager and Business Manager. Compensation ranges between $20-$25/hour, commensurate with skills and experience. Full-time schedule is flexible based on the needs of the candidate, and could include a four or five day workweek.
Prior brewery experience preferred but not required. Ideal candidate will be mechanically inclined with an attention to detail, and a desire to be a key participant in championing our mission of making the best beer possible.
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com to apply. No phone calls or drop-ins.
- Lead Operator/maintain/repair Wild Goose canning line; including DO readings, CIP, and sanitation, with strict adherence to standard operating procedures (SOPs) set forth in training.
- Operate/maintain/repair Draft Packaging equipment and Wild bottling and canning line.
- Perform on going training of Brewery Ops team as packaging assistants, and coordinate with them to cover larger packaging shifts. Train and oversee seasonal assistance.
- Facilitator/coordinator of QC/QA implementation in packaging area.
- Work with other team members to transfer packaged product, packaging materials, and other materials between the production facility, the off-site warehouse, and the on-site brewery tasting room.
- Perform documentation and analysis tasks using Ekos brewery management software, including accurate and thorough log sheets, develop/maintain/edit SOPs related to packaging, and review packaging run data monthly regarding efficiency/loss.
- Perform basic maintenance tasks on pumps, valves, tanks and process equipment.
- Trained on and occasionally perform other production duties outside of packaging, including cellar processes.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Minimum age requirement is 21 years
- Ability to operate or train to operate a forklift
- Active driver’s license
- Candidate must be able to work in a standing position continuously; lift up to 25 pounds frequently; able to bend, stoop, and reach occasionally; occasionally lift up to 60 pounds; and occasionally move up to 170 pounds
- Foundation Brewing Co requires all new employees to demonstrate proof of receiving a COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of their employment, subject to exemptions as required by law.
This is an hourly, full-time position, approximately 40 hours per week with occasional overtime. Competitive benefits for our full-time team members include:
- Health insurance with a health savings account, for employees and their dependents, including a health savings account contribution and company match
- Accrued paid time off beginning on your first day
- Paid company holidays
- Company-paid Short and long term disability (after a 90 day waiting period), as well as life insurance
- Company retirement plan with matching after a waiting period
- Team discounts
Please send your resume, cover letter, and other relevant information and references as a PDF attachment and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org with the e-mail subject: APPLICATION – Packaging Manager.
Please no phone calls or drop-ins.