Foundation Brewing Company focuses on delivering world-class, smart, well-composed and fun beers in a clean, bright, friendly and cheerful manner. We respect intelligence, humor, science, craftsmanship, and the drive to be excellent. We embrace openness, friendliness, inclusivity, humility, and personal fun.
Tasting Room Team (full-time)
Our tasting room is a place where we share our story and teach visitors about our beer. We see our tasting room as a community place where both locals and travelers can enjoy our beer in a fun and safe environment. Our tasting room and outdoor patio are family and dog friendly. We are looking for several people to join our team who share a passion for craft beer and interacting with the beer community.
Our tasting room is connected to our brewery production space in the Industrial Way neighborhood of Portland. We are open 6 days a week (closed Tuesdays) from 12-7pm on Wednesday-Saturday, and 12-6pm on Sunday and Monday. Our tasting room has 12 taps for draft pours, and also sells beer-to-go and merchandise. Food is provided by a rotating series of local food trucks. For Summer 2021, we do not plan on having indoor seating, but will have a large outdoor patio with tents and umbrellas. We plan on re-opening indoor seating later in the Fall 2021.
Our tasting room team is responsible for maintaining a fun and safe environment for all of our customers. It is a busy, high energy environment, requiring a high level of customer service. We are specifically looking for a full-time shift that would work a Friday through Monday schedule with Tuesday-Thursday off.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Creating a welcoming and friendly experience
- Educating visitors about Foundation beers and the brewing process in general
- Maintaining cleanliness of the tasting room (including draft lines), outdoor patio and restrooms
- Serving samples, according to state laws and company policies
- Completion of direct sales transactions using Square POS
- Fulfilling pre-orders received from the online store
- Maintaining tasting room glassware and merchandise inventory, and restocking as needed
- Re-stocking kegs and cans in the tasting room
- Ongoing advancement of working beer knowledge
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Minimum age requirement is 21 years
- Flexible schedule, including the ability to work weekends and holidays
- Safe server training must be completed before your first shift, this is provided by the Company and is paid for and compensated
- Candidate must be able to work in a standing position continuously
- Candidate must be able to bend, stoop, and reach frequently
- Candidate must be able to frequently lift 60 pounds and occasionally move up to 170 pounds to re-stock kegs in the tasting room
- Our tasting room seating will be entirely outdoors in Summer 2021. All team members must be comfortable working outdoors in varying weather conditions.
Competitive benefits for our part-time team members include:
- Health insurance with a health savings account, for employees and their dependents
- Accrued PTO beginning on your first day
- Paid company holidays
- Company-paid Short and long term disability for employees working more than 20 hours per week (after a 90 day waiting period), as well as life insurance
- Company retirement plan with matching after a waiting period
- Team discounts
Please send your resume, cover letter, and other relevant information and references as a PDF attachment and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org with the e-mail subject: APPLICATION – Tasting Room Full-Time.
Please no phone calls or drop-ins.