Foundation Brewing Company focuses on delivering world-class, smart, well-composed and fun beers in a clean, bright, friendly and cheerful manner. We respect intelligence, humor, science, craftsmanship, and the drive to be excellent. We embrace openness, friendliness, inclusivity, humility, and personal fun.
Tasting Room Team (seasonal, part-time)
Our tasting room is a place where we share our story and teach visitors about our beer. We see our tasting room as a community place where both locals and travelers can enjoy our beer in a fun and safe environment. Our tasting room and outdoor patio are family and dog friendly. We are looking for several people to join our team who share a passion for craft beer and interacting with the beer community.
Our tasting room is connected to our brewery production space in the Industrial Way neighborhood of Portland. We are open 6 days a week (closed Tuesdays) from 12-7pm except Sundays when we are open 12-5pm. Our tasting room has 12 taps for draft pours, and also sells beer-to-go and merchandise. Food is provided by a rotating series of local food trucks. For Summer 2021, we do not plan on having indoor seating, but will have a large outdoor patio with tents and umbrellas.
Our tasting room team is responsible for maintaining a fun and safe environment for all of our customers. It is a busy, high energy environment, requiring a high level of customer service. During Covid, we have enhanced our cleaning protocols, while also paying strong attention to ensuring visitors are following state recommended guidelines to keep our community safe.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Creating a welcoming and friendly experience
- Educating visitors about Foundation beers and the brewing process in general
- Maintaining cleanliness of the tasting room (including draft lines), outdoor patio and restrooms
- Serving samples and filling growlers, according to state laws and company policies
- Completion of direct sales transactions using Square POS
- Fulfilling pre-orders received from the online store
- Maintaining tasting room glassware and merchandise inventory, and restocking as needed
- Re-stocking kegs and cans in the tasting room
- Ongoing advancement of working beer knowledge
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Minimum age requirement is 21 years
- Flexible schedule, including the ability to work weekends and holidays
- Safe server training must be completed before your first shift, this is provided by the Company and is paid for and compensated
- Candidate must be able to work in a standing position continuously
- Candidate must be able to bend, stoop, and reach frequently
- Candidate must be able to frequently lift 60 pounds and occasionally move up to 170 pounds to re-stock kegs in the tasting room
- Our tasting room seating will be entirely outdoors in Summer 2021. All team members must be comfortable working outdoors in varying weather conditions.
Competitive benefits for our part-time team members include:
- Accrued PTO beginning on your first day
- Company holidays paid at time-and-a-half if working on the designated holiday
- Short and long term disability for employees working more than 20 hours per week (after a 90 day waiting period)
- Company retirement plan with matching after a waiting period
- Team discounts
Please send your resume, cover letter, and other relevant information and references as a PDF attachment and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org with the e-mail subject: APPLICATION – Tasting Room.
Please no phone calls or drop-ins.