March 18, 2020 Update
Hello again friends! We thank you from the bottom of our hearts for the support you have shown us so far. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Now, onto new things! We have been busy behind the scenes. In addition to our pickup window for beer, we have added online ordering for pickup, and will be offering local home delivery very soon. You can find those services here. I mean, who doesn’t want an Epiphany delivered directly to their doorstep! We are excited to be able to offer these services, and we hope you check them out.
Again, thank you for your support, it helps in ways we can’t describe. Be safe and healthy, friends. We are eagerly awaiting the day we can share a beer with you in our tasting room again.
March 15, 2020 – Covid-19 Update
Hello Friends! We are announcing a change in our tasting room operations of moving to To-Go beer purchases only effective immediately through Saturday, March 28th. We are also moving to only accepting cashless transactions. We will continue to reassess the situation daily and make announcements as needed.
With the environment around the current situation with Covid-19 in our community changing rapidly, we have been following the news and community reports closely. We feel, both as a business who wants to do the best we can to limit risk to our staff and their families, and citizens of our community as a whole, it is important for us to do what we can to foster effective social distancing and limit the public from gathering in large groups.
This was not an easy decision for us. Our tasting room is a place of community and friendship, both things people look for in challenging times, and is core to what we love about what we do. However, for the time being, we feel this is the right step.
We will be open for our normal hours for To-Go purchases during this time. In the next day or so, we will be adding online ordering functionality to our website, so you can place a To-Go order in advance and pick-up at a convenient time.
Since many of you like to try the different beers before deciding what to bring home, we are also changing our policy of selling single cans. All To-Go beer will be available at normal prices for 4-pack purchases, or you can purchase a single can for $4-5 depending on the brand.
We know people are worried, both for the health of themselves and their families, but also for the businesses in our community that we love and support. Reach out to those businesses and do what you can to keep everyone sustained – take-out, gift cards, local delivery from small businesses. These are all things you can do to get everyone through this. Working together, we will come out of this stronger. Stay well, friends.
March 13, 2020
Dear Friends: we have been watching the escalating situation with Covid-19 carefully and have been thinking about how this could potentially impact our staff, our customers and our business. This includes monitoring information from the Maine CDC to ensure our staff and customers stay safe and healthy. If you are not feeling well, please stay home and we’d love to see you when you are feeling better.
As always, we are continuing our thorough cleaning practices before we open and after we close each day. Last week, we installed new hand sanitizer pumps in our tasting room. This allows you to sanitize your hands safely and quickly before eating, upon entering the tasting room, before leaving, etc. Other changes that we are implementing immediately to reduce the risk of the spread of the virus include:
- We will temporarily not refill growlers that you bring back into the brewery. We are happy to fill a new growler for you and are waiving glass deposits during this time.
- We are suspending use of our wooden flight boards. We are happy to pour you a 10oz pour or 2 x 4oz pours at a time.
- We will be asking our guests to bus their own tables and leave glassware in the bins at the designated stations. To protect our staff, they will wear gloves when emptying bins and placing glasses in the dishwasher. Thank you for your help with this.
- We are increasing the frequency of cleaning doorknobs and frequently touched surfaces around the tasting room.
- We would like to encourage you to use contactless payment when checking out, instead of cash or swiping your credit card. We are going to be minimizing having guests touch the register Ipads as much as possible.
- We are removing our communal water station. Please ask a staff person, and they will be happy to provide you with a glass of water from the bar.
- We will be temporarily removing our game cabinet because of the difficulty in cleaning game pieces after each use. But you are welcome to bring your own games, and we hope that you do!
- Our staff is being careful to adhere to CDC guidelines of frequent hand washing using proper protocols for 20 seconds. All staff are being asked to report any sign of illness to our owners so we can take proper precautions to ensure everyone stays healthy.
We have not canceled any events we may have scheduled, and will be reviewing each event on a case by case basis. Our hours for our tasting room remain the same, and we hope to see you there! As always, we have plenty of to-go options. If you are feeling ill, please stay home, and take care of yourself! We will be monitoring continuing developments and the recommendations of health and government officials. The health of our staff, customers and community are our top priority. Please take care of yourself, and we’ll see you soon. Don’t forget to practice your waves and elbow bumps!